December 7, 2010

What I have learned so far...

- I have learned how thankful I am for the limitless love that I have for my daughter.  I am astounded each day as my love for her continues to grow.  My heart feels so full.

- I have learned that each morning presents an opportunity for Brylie and I to connect.   The tender moments we share as we read a book, listen to music or lay in bed give me reasons to appreciate my life. I love starting my day to the smiles, coos, laughs, and loving gazes that Brylie provides me with each morning.

- I have learned that the nighttime provides an excellent time for reflection of what there is to be grateful for.  Laying in bed my Ipad illuminates the dark room just enough to watch my precious baby, husband and puppy sleep.  I love my little family.

- I have learned that babies go through A LOT of diapers.

- I have learned how quickly babies grow.  In three short months Brylie is about 17 pounds, wearing size 2-3 diapers and 6 month clothes.

- I have learned that life's milestones need not be huge to appreciate.  Watching her discover life and maneuver her little body through the world is such a joy.

 - I have learned that I enjoy nursing.  Having struggled as much as I did in the beginning I never imagined it would be something that I would like to do.

-  I have learned how valuable the support of other moms can be.

- I have learned that I have never felt more fulfilled.  I am proud to call myself a wife and mother.

- I have learned even more how much I appreciate my mother, respect and honor my husband, and love my family.

I have learned this and so much more.

Thank you Brylie for teaching me so much about life, love and gratitude.

No comments: