February 6, 2011

Enjoying the Sunshine

It was a beautiful weekend so we decided to spend some time in the backyard.  I brought out Brylie's sunshade and she had a wonderful time being outside.  Nick was busy setting the layout for our future garden.  We have decided to build some raised planter beds to grow our own fruits and vegetables.  I am really looking forward to having a garden and am hoping to develop a "green thumb."  I think it will be really fun project as Brylie gets older.  We also purchased a composter to start making my own compost for the garden.  Hopefully we will have our first crop by this summer.
 Brylie under her shade while Bella keeps an eye on her.
 All smiles.
 The Bella diva dog
 Our future garden area.  The orange paint outlines where the four raised beds will be.
 First batch of compost
 Composter and garden area.
   The following day I brought Brylie's high chair out to play outside.

No comments: