October 30, 2011

Halloween

Brylie is getting to be so much fun to involve in holiday activities.  This year for Halloween she loved helping to carve the pumpkins.  Although reluctant at first to get her hands dirty she quickly learned the fun that can be had with getting pumpkin goop on your fingers.  This year we decided to go for themed costumes that could involve the whole family.  Brylie was our little Horton the Elephant, Bella was Cat in the Hat and Nick and I were Thing 1 and Thing 2.  She knows the characters pretty well from the decor in her nursery, so it was a perfect idea for our family.

 Brylie was very curious about carving pumpkins.  She watched Daddy carefully before deciding that she would join in the fun.
 Her cute little smile says it all :)
 Daddy and Brylie working hard on cleaning out the pumpkins before we could carve them.
Halloween morning with her Horton the Elephant stuffed animal.
Brylie and I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few last minute items.  She loved the pumpkin balloon.  
 My mom, aunt Kathy and Shelden joined us for dinner.  I made halibut, asparagus, and quinoa stuffed in peppers that I carved to look like jack o'lanterns.  It was a lot of fun.
Brylie had her own bell pepper pumpkin dinner, but found it tough to eat with her elephant trunk that kept getting in the way.
The cutest little Elephant I have ever seen.
 Loved the little tail on her costume.
Brylie and her crazy parents.  
 Family pic in front of our pumpkins.
Brylie and Mommy trick or treating.  

No comments: