December 13, 2011

Leading up to Christmas

The months leading up to Christmas seem to be somewhat of a blur.  We spent a lot of time with family, tried to stay busy and allowed time to heal and grieve from the loss of my brother.  Below are some pictures from various days in November and December. 
 A visit from Aunt Lisa at Dad's house with Brylie and Avery.
 Brylie working on her golf game.
 Grandbrad and Brylie enjoying some peace and quiet on the stairs.
 Brylie enjoying some time on the swing with her monkey hat.
 Day at the park.
Mommy and Brylie had a picnic in the backyard and searched for airplanes flying above.  It is moments like this one that make my heart sing with gratitude for life and love.
 A trip to Home Depot with Daddy.
Brylie all dressed up for Church. She is such a big girl that she has moved from Duck pond (area for  babies) to Turtle Bay (walkers- 2 years old).  She is growing up so quickly.
A beautiful double rainbow!!  On most days I would have glanced at a spectacle like this and not given it much thought.  I may have been too caught up in the daily goings on to truly appreciate the beauty, but today was different.  I stood outside getting wet from the rain admiring the wonder of God's creation.  I thought of Ryan and how I believe he is playing in the heavens and among the angels.  I thought of how much I love him, miss him, and appreciate the moments we had.   In this brief moment in time I was reassured that God is powerful, God is everywhere, and that God is good.  I am thankful for these moments.  Thankful for the beauty that is in the world, thankful for opportunity to think of my brother when I see this type of beauty, thankful for the moments of gratitude, and thankful for my life.      

No comments: