Today I am thankful for my husband and my partner through life. In the midst of a trying day with little Brylie I was beginning to feel tired and out of sorts. She was resisting her otherwise very consistent nap time and fully utilizing her ability to whine at just about anything. This is unlike her typical behavior and caught me quite off guard. After texting Nick letting him know that our 20 month old daughter was giving me a serious run for my money he said "I am sorry... Go let her play in her playhouse and relax outside!!!" In that moment he gave me an outlet for both of our moods. Normally it would have dawned on me for the need to take a break and regain composure and momentum, but today for some reason I was resisting it, dragging my feet and attempting to struggle through the day to day activities. The fresh air, cool breeze, warm sun, time in the garden and water play left us reenergized and back on track. I appreciate my husbands ability to kindly suggest an activity that transformed our moods and lifted our spirits. I appreciate my husband for realigning my focus. I appreciate his understanding nature that sometimes the housework may take a momentary backseat so I can pay attention to our highest priority. I appreciate the respect that he has for the work I do in the home and with Brylie. I appreciate my husband for being everything and more than I could have ever imagined in a husband and a father. I appreciate my husband for being my rock who without question or hesitation is always here for me. I am honored that he chose me to be his wife nearly 5 years ago. I look forward to a lifetime of memories with a man that I am proud to call my husband and friend.

This is the playhouse that Nick built for Brylie while we were away on vacation. It was such a thoughtful surprise to come home to.
I can't get enough of this smiling happy face.
No comments:
Post a Comment