September 7, 2012

Letter to My 2 Year Old

I sit here in disbelief that my little baby is already 2 years old.  We feel blessed everyday for the joy, love and happiness that she brings into our lives.  Below is my letter to our 2 year old, Brylie on her Birthday.  


Brylie,

My angel daughter it is hard to believe that it has been 2 years since you blessed our lives.  I am continually thankful for the person that you are growing into and the woman that you are shaping me to be.  Thank you for opening my world and giving me a joy beyond my comprehension.  You make your Daddy and I so unbelievably happy and proud.   

Brylie you are a strong willed, smart, clever, and loving little girl. You amaze your Daddy and I daily with what you know and are able to figure out.  Your language has dramatically improved over the last year, and you are quick to let us know what you are wanting.  I love that about you.  Even at the young age of 2 you are clear about your likes and dislikes.  Your daddy and I were surprised when we asked you to clean up your toys and you responded with “Not Yet.”  Although this assertion has come with some challenges with finding ways to redirect you, we are thrilled with your ability to voice your opinions and we can see that this will be one of your great character strengths in the future.  Your witty and hilarious responses, such as “That is a great idea Mommy” bring many smiles.  Your delightful personality and character traits are developing more and more each day.  I hope that as your mother I can nurture and cultivate your strengths and support you with the difficulties you may encounter.

I have enjoyed being able to watch you grow, learn and discover.  Over the last year I have loved being able to introduce you to music classes, gymnastic classes, swim lessons, time in the garden, life with chickens and various story times.  Each experience seems to widen your interests and cultivate a curiosity for life.

It is hard to believe that your next birthday you will have a little baby brother or sister.  I know that you will be a terrific big sister and can’t wait to celebrate many more milestones, birthdays and memories with you in the future.  I love you more than words can express.  Thank you for the ultimate gift of being your mother. 

Love,
Mommy

No comments: