It is hard to believe that Graceyn has already been in our world for a month. She fits into our family so perfectly. We are all in love with her and showering her with lots of loves, hugs and kisses. She has changed so much in one month. Most of her days consist of sleeping and eating but she is starting to become more alert, putting on weight and seems more aware of the people around her.
It is amazing to experience the 1st month of having a baby in the house again. It is a time of adjustments, transition and working together as a team. This time around I have a quiet confidence in mothering that I didn't have the 1st time. The confidence that comes from knowing that I have done this before. Confidence that comes from the pride of who I have helped to raise in Brylie and who I have become as a mother. Confidence that comes from knowing that sleepless nights, unfamiliar cries, projectile vomit, and blowouts will not last forever. I realize that these moments although often times chaotic and are to be treasured because they go by quickly. I am not saying that is always easy or without struggles but it is an absolutely wonderful ride. It is exhilarating and exhausting, rewarding and challenging, heart warming and gut wrenching and filled with immeasurable amounts of laughter and love. I thank God everyday for the blessing of these little girls and the incredible husband who gave them to me.
Likes: Gracie likes to be held and feel the closeness of others. She is quick to fall asleep on someones chest or shoulder. She also likes to nurse and enjoys cluster feeds at night.
Dislikes: Gracie much like her older sister at this age does not like pacifiers. There was a brief period of time that I had thought that there was a chance that she would take them, but now when I try she gags, gives me a face and spits it out.
Tender moments: There is something to be said about the bond between sisters. It seemed that almost instantly Brylie was drawn to Gracie and had a nurturing and protecting feeling towards her. On our way to our first family dinner out to a restaurant Gracie got a little fussy in the car. To help settle her Brylie has come up with a "Crying song" and it is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen. The song is something that Brylie makes up with words to help calm down her sister. Some of the adorable lyrics include "Don't cry Gracie today is the day" "Your mommy is here, your daddy is here, and Brylie is here" "We are right here" "It will be ok" "Just be happy little Gracie" To our surprise Gracie stopped crying when Brylie sang this song. I just imagine that Gracie felt the security of her big sister. This little interaction seriously melts my heart. I know that they will be lifelong friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment