September 5, 2010

Annandale Brunch

Sunday afternoon my family met at Annandale for brunch.  It was great to see everyone.  Shelden spoke to my belly and told the baby she would be seeing it tomorrow.  Mymouse told me she had a feeling the baby would be coming tomorrow as well.  She suggested that I go home and take a long walk as well as walk up and down the stairs.  I had no idea that they were going to be correct in their assumption.  On the way home from brunch at about 4:30 pm I felt my first contraction.  Not knowing if what I was feeling was correct I kept an eye on the clock and paid special attention to the feelings I was having in my belly.  We got home and took Bella on a walk around the neighborhood.  By 7:00 pm there was no denying that these were contractions. They were coming more consistently yet they were still manageable.  I tried to keep myself busy, and started painting some frames for the nursery.  Our bags were packed, the car seat was in and we were ready.   I spent the rest of Sunday working through the contractions and getting ready to meet the little one.

No comments: