After being in labor for all of September 6th the Labor Day holiday will take on a totally different meaning in my eyes. I tried to get some sleep from 12am- 2am, as I was unsure when the baby would come. Finally the nurse said I was getting close and suggested that I lay on my side to speed up the delivery process. She had me lay on my side for 30-45 min and then switch sides. Finally about the 4th time I told her that the pressure had gotten very strong and I thought it was time. She suggested that I try pushing. After 2 pushes the nurse told me to stop. She still had to call the doctor, so she told me to focus on my breathing. The nurse called in back up and seemed concerned that the baby may come before the doctor. It was difficult waiting for the doctor to arrive. It seemed like an eternity. After a full day of labor I was ready to have the baby. The doctor finally arrived just in time to deliver our beautiful baby girl, Brylie Allyson Pappas, who was born at 3:20 am after 23 hours of labor. She was worth every second. Such a miracle and joy to have her in our life. Brylie weighed 8 lbs 2 oz and was 20 inches of perfection.
Checking to make sure that she is healthy
Getting weighed for the first time
One of our first family pictures with our baby girl. I was beyond tired, but so happy and thrilled for her to be a part of our lives.
Proud Daddy and Brylie
Mom holding her first grandchild for the first time. This was a very special moment
Darryl and Brylie
Uncle Ryan holding his first niece
Shelden and Brylie meeting for the first time
We are so thankful to have Brylie in our lives!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment