One of the father's from our Church small group suggested doing a Daddy Daughter camping weekend. Nick was excited for the opportunity to have some quality time with Brylie, and I really admire his enthusiasm and interest to make special time with her. The camping trip was in Big Bear. Nick did a warm up by tent camping in the backyard prior to make sure that Brylie was ok sleeping in a tent. The weekend was full of fun activities. They rode bikes, roasted marshmallows, went to the Nature Discovery Center, went fishing, and exploring. From what I hear and the pictures that I have seen it is apparent that they had a great time. It got rather cold at night and Brylie was not interested in keeping the covers, so they came home a day early. Brylie was also the youngest child in attendance by several years. Gracie and I had fun spending some quality time together, but I must say with half my family gone the house feels empty and I felt rather lost. I was so happy to have them home. I couldn't believe how much dirt they brought home as a souvenir.

Check out those Pj's. This can give you an idea of what the clothes looked like when they came home.
Riding bikes with her friend Addison.
The campsite and our massive 2 bedroom tent to the left.
The girls making s'mores.
A happy girl and her s'more.
The girls
Brylie and Lauren counting for hide and go seek
The Daddy's and Daughters getting ready for their boat trip and fishing
Brylie and Daddy
Trying to catch a fish
Helping Daddy drive the boat
At the Nature discovery center
Outdoor exploring and popsicles
Group picture with all the girls
Fun weekend making Daddy daughter memories
No comments:
Post a Comment