March 15, 2011

A Girl After My Own Heart

Many of you reading this are well aware of the hypnotizing effects of "crobbling".  For those who have not been introduced to my family's word of "crobbling" let me explain further.  Ever since I was a child my family has always called the soft tickling of the arm that soothes you and makes you beg for more "crobbling."  It was always the thing that helped put us to bed, made us feel better when we were sick, and relaxed us.  Even to this day I hear this word thrown around our family as if it is everyday language.  I say it often enough that I forget that there are others are unaware of the definition and have to take the time to explain what is meant to "crobble."

Enough of the backstory....

The last few nights as I was nursing Brylie and getting her ready for bed I could feel her little hand reach up to grab mine and move it against her little belly and leg.  At first I thought this was simply a coincidence, but now after three days of her insisting that I "crobble" her to sleep I am well aware that she has become a huge fan of being "crobbled."  She is definitely a girl after me own heart.  I love that there are pieces of my childhood that will be carried into Brylie's.  It makes me appreciate all the times I have been "crobbled" in my past and all the "crobbling" that is still to come.  It is just a small reminder of all the fun things to look forward to.  I love my Brylie girl!!      

No comments: